Materialistic Age

Long time no blog, its Katie!
Middle school is one of the worst years you have to go through! I mean seriously who here (other than the overly popular kids) really liked it? Rumors about who is stuffing their bras, who likes who and also what you have to go through for people to like you. The clothes you wear are what get you friends these days. Even when you wear uniforms to school, the accessories and brands you have to wear. You can look exactly the same for less when shopping at department stores. People even buy brand name backpacks and hair barrettes! Particularly, I could care less. Some things that I wear are like that but only because I like it. Most people don't even know what or why they wear. When I talk about "it" I am talking about neon pants, splattered shirts, and the crazy studded belts. But like I said it's pretty hard to make friends in this "time". Regrettably, having a good friendship is hard to be found in our materialistic world where money and looks are considered as criteria for having friends. But lucky for me none of my friends judge me for what I have or not have. I don't fit in with those types of people. Changing the topic slightly, what happened to the modesty in teen clothing? Why so revealing? All these dresses and shirts have two feet necklines and shorts and skirts three inches long. It's like we are eventually going to be walking around in the nude or with leaves covering our privates. Now for the guys they think they are "pimping" when they wear extra large shirts and pants that are two sizes too big just to show their underwear. And what about those shoes, they could start a light show. Boys leave the pink for girls!! What parents have to do to get their kids looking decent.

-Katie

1 comments:

keep the faith said...
July 7, 2009 at 2:06 PM

So true!! There`s a reason why we are born whit differnt looks and personality!

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top