Music... Stereotyping?

Hey it's Sarah here, how my I take your order?
So with the poll being a three way tie between music, electronics and games I will have to choose one and maybe Katie will do one too if she ever blogs again! I wanted to do food, I love food! What's wrong with you people. Well ieny, miney, miny, moe I pick... MUSIC! What is there to say about music, well it pretty much defines people these days I mean people who like the same music practically hang out together and look the same, that's strange isn't it? Like if you like rock or punk music you dress in these dark clothes and your hair all long and in your face with that look sad look upon your face. Or maybe you listen to pop, you wear preppy bright shirts do your hair all nice and cute and if you're a guy people might think you're a bit gay.Then there is rap, this is the best one of them all, if your a guy you're clothes are way too big for you and if you're a girl your clothes look way too small and you talk improperly and walk funny. Yes, I am stereotyping, but why not? We do live in a stereotypical world. Everyone is stereotyped, there is a class for everyone, if you really think hard enough you can put yourself in a type, here let me list a few out to help you: prep, jock, chonga, nerd, rocker, emo... the list goes on, I was going to get more serious in the labels but I just named the clean ones. I mean these things are useful if you don't know someones name and want to point them out, "Hey, look over there at that nerd!" But it's really just another way for people to be mean and discriminate, there isn't just rich and poor and black and white anymore there is a whole array of labels and most likely if you're one label you aren't gonna be good friends with people from another. I think people should just be care free on what other people are into or what they are "labeled" because it will bring world peace (no I'm not a pageant girl). If you think about it all the fighting is due to the differences and their discrimination, so if we all just got over that everything will be great! I don't discriminate, well that much I get to know a person before I label them, but I'm still gonna be their friend if they are nice and trustworthy. So that's all folks, see you next time! :P



-Sarah
P.S. Want to find out your label/stereotype? Click here!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top