Freckles: Our Cat

Sarah again.
Our second pet was a cat, his name is Freckles. He is eight now I think? He still acts like a little kitten though, I don't understand. We never got him declawed because when we looked up how it was done it looked painful, but I think we should of because he puts us and the furniture in more pain now and his pain would of only been for a few weeks, our pain is a lifetime! Plus my mom never cuts his nails so they are long and scary sharp. I think he should be detoothed too, or at least get his little fangs clipped. :) Want to know why we, well I named him Freckles? Because he has these spots on his stomach, why not call him Spots? Because Freckles came to my head first, sheesh! Plus it's cuter. He has a few nicknames, Mr. Freckles, Frecklito, Stupid Cat (what my dad calls him when he is on the table, doesn't he know that the cat rules the house and doesn't care?) and then there are names my friends have came up for him like Stripes and Skittles, I don't know why though.
When we first went to see him I picked him out right then and he looked just like his mom, but he was the runt of the pack and my mom almost didn't get him because of that, she did though because she knew it would break my heart if she didn't. Freckles was born in a dresser, so no wonder he loves to go into my drawers when I leave them open, it's pretty cute. When I was moving around the furniture in my room I took out the drawer of my side table and next thing you know he is in the space where the drawer was. =)
He almost died when he was a kitten because he had a urinary track infection, it was so sad I caught it because he was sitting funny and then he had to get surgery and if it wouldn't of been for me he probably would of died. Now he eats special food because he is special. He can't have treats or that stuff that prevents them from having hair balls and let me tell you hair balls are definitely not balls, they are more like a puddle. He is an inside cat and that's good because he doesn't get harmed by the outside world. He is a meanie cat sometimes, he will attack you for no reason and if you pet him when he doesn't want to be petted he will bite you! But he is a really good cat though, he likes attention and likes to play and he loves to be pet when he is in the mood. He gets too lonely sometimes like during the summer, like now, when I sleep in late he scratches on my door to come inside because no one is around. He does this at night too but sometimes when I open the door he doesn't come inside just looks at me so I close the door and he scratches again, it's non stop until he finally comes inside. But then when it's early in the morning he gets hungry and wants to get out and eat, so guess what? He scratches on the door to get out. He is a fat cat, well not literally fat, it's amazing he eats so much and he loves people food and will come up to you and get in your face if you have food, it takes a lot for him to give up, but we usually give in first, he is just too cute! His favorites are fish (obviously) and other meat, cantelope, yogurt, ice cream, cereal and tape, yes tape. My mom has a towel taped to the tabled underneath the tablecloth so it won't move and when she changes it the tape is all eaten up, by who you guess? Yes that's right Freckles! So and you're probably wondering he likes cantelope, yes he loves it. When my dad is cutting it up with a knife its like he is cutting fish, he is all over him. One time we left the container, closed, ontop of the table and he pushed it off and it opened and we found him eating it. Oh he also loves fish food, he is one strange cat. Talking about the fish sometimes we'd put a chair by the fish tank and he would sit there and look at them and try and get on top of it and eat them! Poor fishies! So that's all for Mr. Freckles, I could talk more but then I'd never stop so buh byes. I'll have Katie write the one about our doggie.

-Sarah
sk7pqc2dfi
P.S. Did I mention he also likes boxes?

2 comments:

kang said...
July 9, 2009 at 2:29 PM

oh loved your love for them..
I too had a cat...she was the best!

The Blonde Bloggers said...
July 10, 2009 at 12:32 PM

i do love cats! :)
-Sarah

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top